- Getting Started
How do I sign up?
To sign up for SCOOF, simply go to the AppleStore/GooglePlay and download the app. Click Sign Up, then fill in all pertinent information.
1. Enter Basic Information
2. Enter Payment Information for Subscription Fee - $4.99/month after first 30-day free trial
3. Terms for Subscription Page - Hit 'Continue'
YOU ARE NOW IN THE DASHBOARD
1. Go to 'Profile' and Upload Your Professional Profile Photo.
2. IF YOU ARE A SCOPIST/PROOFREADER, go to 'BIO' and enter specifics about your service style with keywords. (i.e., "Proofreader description" - I am a retired freelance court reporter with 30 years of experience. I utilize DropBox and e-mail corrections.) (i.e., "Scopist description" - Official reporter for 15 years. CaseCAT. I use Google Drive or Dropbox. Detail oriented.) Be as succinct as possible as reporters are skimming for keywords.
3. IF YOU ARE A SCOPIST/PROOFREADER, go to 'SKILLS' and check off all job-specific skills, then hit 'SAVE'. This allows our system to match you with a reporter.
4. Go to 'Share' and let the world know that you are on Scoof. Capitalize on this mobile marketplace to maximize productivity and profitability.
How do I know I am in Provider Mode?
On the HOME page, you will see the PROVIDER bar. It should be illuminated. The bar underneath should say SKILLS. This indicates you are AVAILABLE NOW to receive job requests.
What are the guidelines for a professional photo?
Your profile photo is the first thing a customer sees when choosing a provider to complete a job, so we want to help you with a professional photo that looks super.
Once uploaded, your profile image will be added to your provider profile.
Some things to remember when taking your provider photo:
1. No hats, sunglasses or headsets.
2. Smile! Say cheese! Show off your friendly side by giving a nice, big smile in your photo.
3. Find a well-lit location to take your photo. Your photo will turn out best if you can take your photo in a place where the light is even, so it is not too bright or too dark.
4. Find a solid background. Make sure you have a solid background in your photo. We suggest standing in front of a wall to help avoid shadows.
5. Frame your entire head and top of shoulders. Have your photographer take a few steps back, center your head in the box and get the top of your shoulders in the frame. This is the toughest part, but we know you can do it!
6. No blurry or black and white photos. Customers need to see you clearly.
7. No face filters
Now that you have a great profile photo, you're ready to offer/accept jobs via SCOOF!
What are the requirements to become a Provider?
1. Be competent in your field of proofing and/or scoping
2. Provide a proper profile picture
3. Provide a succinct bio line for reporters (Reporters will be skimming for keywords)
4. iOS or Android Smartphone (with texting capability)
5. Knowledge of skill you’ve offered
How do I add or remove Skills?
Providers can add or remove Skills through the app at any time.
To remove a Skill, simply deselect that skill.
If you receive an error within the iOS or Android app, please make sure all of the requirements below have been met:
1. You have added at least 1 skill to your Provider account through the SCOOF dashboard.
2. You have uploaded a provider profile picture.
Still having trouble enabling provider mode? Contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org